Dr. Omolara Thomas Uwemedimo is a board-certified pediatrician for over 15 years and an academic faculty for over a decade, mentoring women physicians of color. She is CEO and founder of Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood, a company designed to provide Black women physicians with support through an online community, networking, masterclass events, courses, and coaching.
This conversation centers around the needs of Black women physicians and Black women in the workplace and what their needs are. We talk about re-creating spaces to maintain those who are attracted to the business and how it’s important to understand they variety of needs, beyond the traditional, that must be taken into account to make workplaces safer for Black women and other women of color.
Links for Dr. Omolara Thomas Uwemedimo
- Website: Melanin & Medicine (omolaramd.com)
- Instagram: Business Coach | Black Doctors (@melaninmedicineco) • Instagram photos and videos
- LinkedIn: Omolara Thomas Uwemedimo, MD, MPH – CEO & Founder, – Melanin & Medicine | LinkedIn
- YouTube: Melanin, Medicine & Motherhood with Dr. Omolara – YouTube
Enjoyed this episode? Don’t forget to Review, Rate, & Share to help more people find us – Also come be a patron!
Looking for Sedie? Here are a few places we can connect:
- Help support my work by becoming a patron over at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sedruolamaruska
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sedruolamaruska/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sedruola/
- Website: http://sedruolamaruska.com
- Facebook: Sedruola Maruska (limited)