Lisa Braxton is an Emmy-nominated former television journalist, an essayist, short story writer, and novelist. Her first novel, The Talking Drum, is about 3 young couples in the early 1970s and how they’re affected when an urban redevelopment project takes over a neighborhood.
In this conversation Lisa and I talk about the theme of her book which is redevelopment and gentrification. We also talk about the disparities that are often based in racism within the publishing industry. Authors are encouraged to listen.
Links for Lisa and mentions in the episode:
- The Talking Drum Book: https://bookshop.org/a/11079/9781771337410
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lisabraxton6186/
- Website: Lisa Braxton | Author of the novel, The Talking Drum
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LisaReidbraxton
- We Need Diverse Books: https://diversebooks.org/
Enjoyed this episode? Don’t forget to Review, Rate, & Share to help more people find us – Also come be a patron!
Ready to cultivate a culture that’s Equitable and Inclusive and attract and maintain the Diversity you’re looking for? Great! Connect with me in the links below and let’s get to know each other.
Here are a few places we can connect:
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/sedruolamaruska
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sedruolamaruska/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sedruola/
- Website: http://sedruolamaruska.com/work-with-sedie
- Facebook: Sedruola Maruska (limited)